1.5
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

I subscribed to Express Scripts Medicare Part D after checking their Formulary which showed Econazole as a tier 1 medicine. When I tried to get the Rx filled I was told I had to have preapproval.

They wanted me to jump thru hoops to get the medicine prescribed by my doctor. I contacted Express Scripts Medicare Part D customer service and could not get an explanation from Express Scripts Medicare Part D of why Express Scripts Medicare Part D wouldn't honor the Express Scripts Medicare Part D formulary. All I learned was if I wanted the Rx I must play their silly game.

Hopefully I will be able to find an honorable Part D company next year. Be careful before doing business with Express Scripts Medicare Part D.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Honor their Formulary.

Comments

If I ran my own business using the express scripts model (the screw everyone you can out of every cent you can model) I would not be in business.I had a horrible experience so I decided to call my insurances prescription benefits department... guess who answers the phone.... Express Scripts

ExpressRxHelp
Express Scripts Verified Representative

Hello Robert, Thank you for sending in your information. I reviewed the account and the medication for Econazole needs a prior authorization.

I can contact your Doctor’s office to do the review.

Can you please verify the Doctor’s full name, phone, and fax number. Please and thank you - Shanta

to ExpressRxHelp #1490074

re: #1489621Doctor is Joel LandryTel: (806) 794-3000Fax: (806) 698-0702I sure can use all the help I can get and appreciate it. But still no explanation of why the Formulary is ignored. A Company is only as good as their word.

ExpressRxHelp
Express Scripts Verified Representative

Hello GaseousBadger,We understand your concern and we can always give more insight into your plan benefits. Please email your full name, DOB, phone number, member ID and review #1265933 to ExpressRxHelp@express-scripts.com.

A member from our team will look into this and reach out to you. Thank you.-Adam, Express Scripts

h.kitchener

Econazole is expensive, thus Express Scripts unwillingness to honor their formulary, although they are apparently only requiring you to get pre-approval. This is not difficult and you or your doctor can apply to them for it. You might want to reconsider using Express Scripts next year and find a better supplemental drug insurer.