Carbondale, Colorado
1.3
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

My wife ordered a refill of her statin.Nothing transpired until we requested information.

Told that Dr had to do a review. His office responded to their requests. No drugs sent. Spent 4 1/2 hrs on 4 phone calls to representatives, supervisor and supervisor of the supervisor.

No action and clarity as to what the Dr was to provide that had not been provided. The drug has been taken for many years, brand name, by prescription, by the same Dr. I gave dates for 2016, and 2015, told them I had the dates for 2014 and 2013 if needed. Finally received notice of shipping on 8/1/2016, no shipment made.

Received another notice of shipping on 8/3, no shipment made. Found a notice on website that the Dr had told ES to not give the patient this drug. Another lie, no such conversation took place. Received a letter a week later with the same statement.

Called the company I retired from that engaged ES about the problem. At this point no pills on hand and made a formal complaint about the lies and delays. Both the company representative and my self discussed with a representative. The rep asked for another prescription to be sent.

It was sent immediately. ES Rep asked me to follow up with the DR, I did. ES acknowledged receipt. ES rep suggested I call in 24 hrs to verify shipment.

I did and ended up in another session of "NO you can't have this drug". "Your DR must make a formal appeal in order to have this drug". First time I or the DR had heard that an appeal must be submitted. Things I learned.

In May a generic had come to market. They sent a list of 10 generics that must be tried before the brand name can be used if the generics fail. The plan allows the patient to request brand name. But so what.

There are a lot of ramifications and expenses to go through a formal trial of generic vs brand name; usefulness, success, and not upset the health of the patient.They care nothing about the patient, only about making $$$$$$.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to have the product delivered. paxondoug is overall dissatisfied with Express Scripts. The most disappointing about express scripts statins prescription refill at Express Scripts was companys internal bureaucratic policies, does call to let customer know of problems and misleading communication Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Express Scripts.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Drug Stores and Drugs category for more informed decision or compare Express Scripts to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Express Scripts?

Comments

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #1198027

Hello Paxondoug,

We understand you are frustrated and want to help.Please consider emailing your member ID#, full name, and contact info to ExpressRxHelp@express-scripts.com so we can look into this and assist.

Please reference the #898984 in your email.Thank you-Adam