Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

My employer changed over to a bottom-of-the-barrel plan a few years ago, and Express Scripts is the pharmacy benefit manager. A few years ago I decided to try their mail-order service.

Well, that was a joke. 90-day prescriptions suddenly became 60-day prescriptions with a 90-day refill. Medications that I had taken once as a trial and discarded were constantly pushed in my face, ala "WHY AREN'T YOU TAKING THIS?" Trying to get them removed from the active medications list was impossible, the people I spoke with basically didn't seem to understand that I didn't want reminders about things I didn't take. Getting scripts refilled was a trial by fire, even my doctors groaned when I told them Express Scripts had yet again told me they need authorization for something that was already authorized.

Constant email spam telling me to download their terrible mobile application, totally useless to me, was the last straw and I deleted my online account. Well, I'm on some new medications now, so, because I'm an idiot, I decided to give them another try. After verifying that the medications would work, I got my 90-day initial fill and had my doctor send a script off to the devil^H^H^H^H^HExpress Scripts. Several weeks later, I get a "We couldn't verify this with your doctor" email.

What? The doctor SENT IT TO YOU. So I have it re-verified. Getting close to running out, and I'm not getting any notices or confirmation or ANYTHING.

I call them, oh, we didn't even start on that yet (no explanation given) are you almost out?" Why yes, I am! They're going to get it out to me overnight. Well, I do run out about a week later, nothing has been received, another call reveals the same thing as last time, they can overnight me at extra cost even though I've had this in their system for 3 months now! I tell the unfriendly rep where they can go, and to please cancel my account.

They do (that's another ordeal.) Express Scripts is still the benefits manager for my insurance plan, but as I found out you can use those online discount coupons like goodrx.com for much better prices (for the most part) on scripts. So I quit having my insurance fill them and started using coupons. Sure, it's no longer applied to my deductible, but keeping an extra $200 in my pocket is much better. Today I get this big thick packet of paper telling me, in a nutshell, that I've been a bad boy for not taking my medication.

Calling the number on the paper is even worse, it's just a recording of some woman who is using her "You're a bad baby" voice to tell me that they can help me because I'm not taking my medication. I'M TAKING IT JUST FINE THANK YOU, JUST NOT FROM YOU. There's apparently no way to opt-out from these stupid mailings or what's essentially harassment.

I don't need some inept pharmacy/pill pusher telling me what to take. I finally managed to get through to a voicemail box, and I'm not regretting one bit the rant I left on it.

Review about: Express Scripts Prescription Refill.

Preferred solution: I don't want ANY mail from you, FOR ANY REASON INCLUDING DEATH, GOD, YOUR MUM, OR THE END OF THE UNIVERSE..

I didn't like: Entire operation is a joke.

Comments

ExpressRxHelp
Express Scripts Verified Representative

Hello Consumer, I am sorry to hear about your experience and want to make sure your issue is resolved. We can update your account to opt you out of communications.

Please email ExpressRxHelp@express-scripts.com with your Member ID, phone number, DOB, full name and reference this review #1113827. We are here to help.

Thank you. -Sarah, Express-Scripts