77 views
Verified Reviewer

Express Scripts somehow received (and violated HIPPA laws) by obtaining a copy of one of my prescription medications as well as my pharmacy and store number and sent this information to me in a letter containing PHI via USPS. Since they already had my information I decided to give them a try.

However, when attempting to refill a medication, they attempted to change the 30 prescription of a controlled substance to a 90 prescription without my (or my doctor's) knowledge, resulting in a delay of receiving my medication resulting in my running out of a medication which should never be stopped abruptly do to potentially life-threatening withdrawal symptoms.

After 1.5 hours on the phone and 4 different people, they finally decided to dispense the prescription as originally written, but would not commit to overnighting the prescription, resulting in a situation of abrupt withdrawal and it's associated side effects. I've filed a review and complaint with the BBB regarding the HIPPA violation and poor customer service with potentially life-threatening consequences.Do not use

User's recommendation: Do not use!

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Express Scripts Pros: Disregard of phi, Affordable.

Express Scripts Cons: Hippa violations, Poor customer service, Changing prescriptions without my or doctor knowledge.

Comments

#2005877

Hello Warren W, Let us speak further about this matter. Please email ExpressRxHelp@express-scripts.com your member ID, date of birth and phone number.

Please reference #2509226-Thank you, Adam F. Express Scripts Pharmacy

#2005871

Hello Warren w, We truly apologize about this issue and want to speak further. Please email ExpressRxHelp@express-scripts.com your member ID, date of birth and phone number.

Please reference #2509226 Thank you, Adam F. Express Scripts Pharmacy