75 views
Verified Reviewer

I apologize for the saga. I meant to write a paragraph, but it turned out to be a thesis.

I don't know - hopefully this may help someone not waste the time that I have on avenues that do not lead to a resolution.

I'm a traditional Air National Guardsman that has been enrolled in Tricare Reserve Select since it became available. I went on active duty orders to a PME school for 33 days and was automatically enrolled in Tricare Prime (Oct 8 20 - Nov 9 20). When the school and my orders ended, I reenrolled in TRS. And then in Jan 2021, like so many other people on here, I started to get these harassing/unprofessional and bullying overpayment letters that give NO resolution.

The letter(s) basically state that I owe $2900 in overpayments because I "received Rx benefits after my eligibility for Tricare ended." A list of all my Rx medications during a 5 year time from Oct 2015 - Oct 2020 are included.

The letter goes on to inform me of the Federal Claims Collect Act and all the federal agencies involved that can come after me if the payment is not made in full within 30 days - as well as the accrual of interest on the balance. It then states that I have the right to request an administrative review...But this must be within 90 days and be a formal letter, including any supporting documents, medical records, and/or bookkeeping evidence showing eligibility. However, #1) no address is given on where to send these documents - and #2) who the HECK writes a formal letter as the first resolution to (what should be) an easy oversight fix? Geez, any body got an idea when Texas will finally join the Union?

What's even more hilarious is that no address is given on where to send these highly personal and private documents. One can only infer to use the address on the letterhead...or possibly the self-addressed envelope for the payment. But no way should such personal documents and information be left to chance.

But hold up. At the end of the letter, there is a "Government Finance" phone number that literally leads to nowhere.

I can only imagine the basement this number is connected to, and the Milton-like worker from Office Space that should be manning it. The number is a dead end. I just ended up calling Express Scripts directly.

Despite calling 5 times, Express Scripts has ABSOLUTELY zero clue about the issue. The first rep was very confused.

I requested to send her a scan of the letter via email to hopefully help clarify my situation, but "they don't have email" (??). I got off the phone and told myself - "Ok, maybe it was just a mistake, so give it time and it'll resolve itself."

Negative.

I received the second letter a month after the first, in Feb. I called, and again...the rep did not know what I was talking about. They then said that it was a DEERS issue, and they redirected me to them.

The DEERS rep didn't know what I was referring to either, but he did verify that I was eligible and enrolled in Tricare Reserve Select during the time that ExpRx claims I was ineligible. I asked him if he could send me some sort of eligibility letter or email with the verification but somehow, they can't provide that either? Ugh.

I get a third letter from ExpRx in April - this time, outlining a payment plan and showing how much interest is accruing.

So then I try Tricare (Humana). Tricare doesn't know anything about this letter either.

But my rep sends me to their Claims dept. Claims then directs me to get an eligibility letter from MilConnect. Unfortunately, the MilConnect letter only shows the late 2020 date when I RE-enrolled in TRS right after active duty. I have no clue where to go.

The letters are harshly worded - ok..I can get around that.

Mistakes happen too...no problem.

I can even understand being behind modern times.

But what I completely outraged over is the complete lack of resolution this mistake yields.

It should be an easy phone call to a number that actually works...and the call should go to someone who can pull up my account, and see the issue. At MINIMUM, there should be someone telling me, "Yes, I see the issue.

You need to call #, and have them send "XYZ" form."

This is completely inexcusable and should be criminal. I have wasted more time on hold and going back and forth between companies, departments, and agencies with zero progression...and I am just sick.

User's recommendation: Don't waste your time trying the avenues that I went down. Just post here and maybe you'll get a rep to help first thing.

Preferred solution: Tell me the situation is resolved because it was a mistake, and that I owe nothing..

Comments

#2005875

Hello Jeff G, We truly apologize about this issue and can speak further. Please email ExpressRxHelp@express-scripts.com your member ID, date of birth and phone number.

Please reference #2512667 -Thank you, Adam F. Express Scripts Pharmacy