72 views
Verified Reviewer

Wife & I are traveling across the country. She gets sick, we go to the Hospital ER.

Dr. issues her an Rx. Next morning we go to a CVS. The PharmD tells us express scripts will not cover the Rx.

I call Express scripts and the lady tells me that my wife is not my dependent, but I can call DEERS and they can correct the error. Everyone knows that DEERS is not open on the weekend, except for this lady. She then tells me I can file a claim to be reimbursed. Fine, I pay out of pocket for the Rx, and we are on our way.

I fill out all the required forms and submit the claim. Express scripts sent a letter claiming that the money I paid was a copay cost. My co-pay is $12.00, Not $60.00. When I called for an explanation, the lady said she'd have to check with her supervisor.

After being on hold for about 30 minutes, she returned and told me the supervisor also said the $60.00 was a copay and some nonsense about out of network pharmacies. I asked if they were working remotely because of the hold times, and was told that they were all in the same building. I asked to speak with the supervisor and was told I'd have to wait some more because she was in another room. Fine, have her call me later because I can't sit on hold all day.

The lady said the supervisor would not call me, and was not allowed to give me her number, so I could call her. The lady said I could always call back when I had more time to wait on hold.

User's recommendation: Filing a claim is a waste of your time. Don't expect to speak with anyone that has the authority to make decisions.

Express Scripts Pros: There are no pros.

Comments

#2207512

Hello John, We're sorry to hear about this matter and we can look further into the issue. Please email ExpressRxHelp@expres-scripts.com your account information so we can help Reference #3657142. Thank you-Adam

Express Scripts Reviews