Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

We have had many problems with Express Scripts in the past. They take at least 3 to 4 weeks to send out a prescription, so we are always in the position of paying ridiculously expensive expedited shipment charges.

Furthermore, I have NEVER received my sleeping pill from them even though they say they have mailed it. I believe someone within Express Scripts steals controlled substances. Our latest debacle with this company is that they told us we could no longer fill our prescriptions at Kroger, that Kroger was no longer in our plan. I contacted our company and this is not true.

I called Express Scripts again and spoke with a different customer service rep who said that Kroger is in our plan, but if we use them instead of using Walgreen's or Express Scripts, we will incur a severe penalty. I insisted on speaking with a supervisor. I told the supervisor I wanted a cost analysis of the cost to us of filling our prescriptions as Kroger versus Walgreen's. I already knew that every one of our prescriptions is cheaper at Kroger than at Walgreen's.

At that point, the supervisor acquiesced and admitted that we could use Kroger without any penalty. Obviously, Express Scripts makes a greater profit if the customer uses Walgreen's or Express Scripts instead of Kroger. The supervisor denied that his underlings were told to try to make customers use the retail outlets that are more profitable to Express Scripts, but I don't believe it. I told him the problem is one of the following: 1) Employees are told to shift customers to retail outlets that are more profitable for Express Scripts, which is dishonest; or 2) The employees of Express Scripts are very poorly trained and don't understand the prescription policies they enforce.

Either explanation is a bad reflection on Express Scripts.

This is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. If you must deal with them, insist on speaking with supervisors only.

Product or Service Mentioned: Express Scripts Prescription Refill.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

ExpressRxHelp
Express Scripts Verified Representative

Hello hermit75_36. ,

We apologize for the service you've received and we want to speak further about this matter.

Please email ExpressRxHelp@express-scripts.com with your member ID number, phone number, DOB, Name and Review# 1166210. Thank you -Adam