2.2
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

I submitted for Prescription reimbursement from the past year (2016-2017) I was denied by mail June 26th.First set of deniaIs was bogus.

I submitted all necessary info. I even called ahead of time to be sure I did it correctly. Was told to attach UCF. Which I did.

contacted the CSR by phone on June 29 2017 . I wanted specifics as to why a legitimate, common drug prescribed by a medical doctor is not approved. He (Jaime) CSR could not give the specifics. He tried.

He was diligent. He put me on hold. He spoke with an ES pharmacist; who apparently, is not allowed to speak directly with me. I want to know that a medical professional is denying these claims, and why?

Not some minimum wage, high school kid, who just looks for "codes", and has no medical background. My doctor thinks it's safe, who is the insurance to decide that it isn't an approved ingredient? The final answer(s) for my denial: -the ingredient(s) isn't approved, -or it contains an over-the -counter ingredient. example given was "methocel", "siliacgel" & microcrystalline -ingredients not covered.

You cannot tell me that there are no over- the- counter products in their "approved" prescriptions. Example, if there is sugar, or flavoring (not healthy) in children's cough syrup. That sugar is an over- the -counter product. Not medicine.

Here is an article which may explain their lack of integrity: Conflict of interest here? Express Scripts has their own mail - order prescription service.

Are compound pharmacies cutting into their profits?https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/blog/2016/01/express-scripts-in-new-fight-with-compounding.html

Review about: Express Scripts Claim.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Denying compound med reimbursement possible conflict of interest.

Had an Experience with Express Scripts?

Comments

ExpressRxHelp
Express Scripts Verified Representative

Hello Consumer, We understand your concern on this reimbursement issue and we can look further into it.Please email us at ExpressRxHelp@express-scripts.com with your D.O.B, Full name, zip code, and phone number so we can help.

Please reference the #1071485 also.-Stephanie

to ExpressRxHelp Ashburn, Virginia, United States #1348949

Stephanie. I will contact you today.

Before sending any personal info;

I will verify that the email address is that of Express Scripts.

to Anonymous #1348979

I called ES. They said do NOT give any personal info to this person. She does not represent ES.