I recently needed a brand name drug approved as generic did not work for me. It was denied.

Appeal forms were mailed to my home, I filled them out and returned. Called to follow up, was told to wait 30 days. After 30 days was told it was denied because forms were completed by me, not physician. That was not stated on any form.

They received the forms, saw they were wrong, and did not let me or my physician know so we could correct error (their error, since the physician's office never received any communication from ES). Long story short, I began that process in January 2018. It was finally approved at the end of April 2018. Four months.

Fast forward, to October 2018 and I required a different dosage of same drug. Denied. Had to begin at square one because only previous dosage was approved. Every step of the way, it is clear the goal is to wear customer down so they can do things their way.

No special exceptions.

Ever. Actually had to order the drug online

Preferred solution: Only seeking to streamline ES process to be less burdensome to customer.

Comments

ExpressRxHelp
Express Scripts Verified Representative

We're sorry about your experience and want to make sure you get the medication you need. Please consider sending your name, member ID, date of birth and phone number where we can best reach you to ExpressRxHelp@express-scripts.com in reference Review #1377408. Best Regards, Stephanie Express Scripts