Express Scripts - *** YOU, Medco
I am a chronically ill person suffering from migraines and fibromyalgia as well as degenerative spinal problems. I work full time and need a nap in the afternoon. This nap is critical for my health as I do have some problems but enjoy an active career, despite these issues.
A few months ago, I started receiving an incredible number of calls at bad times of day from a party only identified on my Caller ID as "Wyckoff." I didn't know who this was and assumed if it was someone important, they would leave a message. They never did leave a message, but this disrupted my sleep for months before I even knew who was calling me. I finally started picking up these calls and discovered that these were sales agents from my pharmaceutical insurance company trying to get me to transfer the prescriptions I pick up from the Walgreens that is walking distance from me. I like being able to get my prescriptions from a local pharmacist where I can discuss health concerns with a live person and get immediate attention if I am ill.
Express Scripts disagrees. They think the best way to get me the opiates I need for pain is to dump three months' worth at a time in my wide open Hollywood mailbox. They have their agents mercilessly call me, waking me up at least once a week, trying to get their greedy hands on all my prescriptions. They threaten to make it impossible to fill these prescriptions at Walgreens, which I would rather use. If I call back the "Wyckoff" number, the recording says, "thank you for calling Medco."
I asked them to stop these calls. One day, after I asked them to stop calling me, they called me again and asked how they could help me better use their services. I took their bait, and asked them if they could explain to me why I paid for a prescription they said they would pay for. The person who called, Wyckoff again, couldn't tell me this information. It was clear they didn't even have access to the Medco/Express-Scripts prescribing system. They were just salespeople, using autodialers, only trying to get me to transfer my prescriptions to their lousy service. After an hour or so being transferred through various supervisors, they offered to send me a paper form by mail for a refund (but I had better have a receipt).
Express Scripts then said they were sorry about how they were treating me and they'd like to help me get my prescription filled. See, they failed to fill it by any reasonable means, and sent me driving around Los Angeles at my own peril looking for the medication they failed to provide. I am on a lot of medication and should not be driving at all, which is why I called them for help in the first place.
So they called me back at 5:36 a.m., the first Friday of Memorial Day weekend to discuss how to resolve the problem. I have been so upset that this is allowed in my country that rather than spend my weekend resting for my work, or getting ready for a business trip next week, I have been on a letter-writing campaign to STOP this practice in my country. The stress of this is making me physically sicker.
This is capitalism gone amok. I have hundreds of dollars worth of unneeded migraine medication their agents sold me one day when they woke me up and threatened to stop filling it if I didn't agree to buy three months' worth from them by mail. I now use a different form of the medication. I called them recently to prevent them from sending me another batch of this medication and they claimed they would continue to send me each and every refill the doctor prescribed unless he went out of his way to call them to tell them to stop sending it to me. What pharmacy does this?
I can only imagine the elderly patients who probably have whole closets full of medication because they don't have the will or energy to fight pharmacies like Express-Scripts, armed with the same autodialers scam Indian pharmacies use to call me to send me drugs from overseas. I call the police on those companies. Why can't the police protect me from harassment by Medco?
So whether it's "Wyckoff", "Medco Health," "Express Scripts" or the shady offshore pharmacy, I am unable to sleep and stay employed due to phone harassment by companies that try to push drugs on me. I can't do anything about the shady offshore pharmacy, but WHY are American companies allowed to mercilessly call sick people with autodialers and sell them drugs they don't need or want while refusing to provide customer service sufficient to fill prescriptions they do need?
Express Scripts needs to stop this practice and they need to be proud enough of their abusive little company to put their name on their Caller ID. This is criminal abuse and it causes REAL harm. I have complained to the Better Business Bureau, the FTC, the FDA, the DoJ, my president, my senators, the AARP, the AADP, and the pharmacy boards of two states. And now I am letting PissedConsumer know of this company's despicable sales practices to chronically ill patients who are not able to defend themselves against pushy salespeople who threaten them.
If you hate Medco, like I hate Medco, here are some links for you. I don't know if they work, but sometimes it's a numbers game. If everyone here who hates Medco writes, we'd get some action:
Write your president:
Write your senator (varies by state -- find your senator. They all have e-mail forms.)
HHStips@oig.hhs.gov -- Tipline for Health and Human Service Department. Tell them how you feel about Medco's and Express Scripts Shitastic customer service (use nice words, they appreciate it)
If you feel that Medco unfairly restricts your consumer choice, write the Department of Justice. Express-Scripts is now a giant company that owns Medco. These guys approved the merger. Do you agree?
If you think the autodialers are ***, write the FCC:
Google "Pharmacy Board" + the name of your state. Find the complaint e-mail address or contact. For California, you can write to Ms. Virginia Herrold:
And if you would be so kind, include a copy of your e-mails to these organizations to:
"Brian (EHQ) Henry"
And let them know some crazy fibromyalgia patient on the internet suggested you include them on your important communications. You can do it. Get cracking! Write one good letter about your experiences and cut and paste as above.
Thank you for your time.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I ordered the trial sample for the cost of shipping which was $2.99. Sometime later I was looking at my credit card billings and noticed a charge of $34.98...."
- "I thought it was bad when Walgreens could not even transcribe a prescription correctly for the label on the bottle, they have shown they are even more inept at the..."
- "I bought some drugs online with Canadian Health & Care Mall. Then get a surface mail notice from Canadian Border Control that they wanted to inspect a package (apparently..."
- "Nine9 was once One Source Talent. Same company..... Same employees.... Same SCAM. :-( I went to one of their cattle calls a couple years ago. Showed up, watched some movie with..."
- "If you are an investor, home buyer, landlord or a tenant it is clear from these online reviews you don't want to get tangled up with TR Realty or be..."
- "It started off on a good note whereby I spoke with Michele La Flesch, the Executive Project Manager/Showroom Manager (Michele.Laflesch@ClosetFactory.com) (Office Phone: 310-516-7500 x240 & Cellular Phone: 310-404-8225)..."
- "Welcome to CrowfallGold.com. CrowfallGold.com was built by The ANT Tech LLC which foucses in providing Crowfall Gold for all Crowfall players.CrowfallGold.com is a professional online game service store which was..."
- "My order was not ready on time. On the screen inside the store it said ready at 10:09pm once the screen said ready by my name I went up to..."
- "The WORST florist. Left pic is what I ordered, right pic is what got delivered!! I called my complaint, I even emailed them the pics; they said "upon close inspection,..."